Monday, October 6, 2008

martha gave me nightmares

Last night I had a nightmare...a wedding nightmare. I dreamed I was getting married and everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. In my dream, my wedding was totally NOT what I envision my actual real-life wedding to be.

The dress was wrong and my hair was bad; I only had 30 minutes to take pictures; I was at a beauty store buying cosmetics and chatting with the gay cashier (?!) instead of getting ready; my mom was off running errands with my two sisters; and right before I was to walk down the aisle, someone interrupted the ceremony and pushed my wedding out because another wedding had to take place in the same church, causing me to be overrun by a (literal) stampede of guests I didn't even know who trampled my dress and tore my veil....whew! It was horrible and I woke up all frantic and worried until I realized that it was just a dream. Thank goodness!

I'm not planning a wedding. I'm not even engaged, so why the heck did I have a "wedding nightmare." It really kinda weirded me out. I've heard that brides are prone to have these in the months leading up to their wedding. I guess the subconscious continues to replay all the stress and worry that comes with planning the "perfect" wedding while you sleep.

Well I'm not getting married just yet so I don't know what my subconscious was trippin' on, but I blame it on Martha Stewart... and I will never again read the latest issue of Martha Stewart Weddings right before I go to bed...because heaven knows I don't ever want to have another Martha-induced wedding nightmare again. Lesson learned.

No comments: