Wednesday, April 23, 2008

handwriting

Handwriting intrigues me. I've always liked calligraphy and unique typography, which goes hand in hand with my love of writing and quotations. I've been told countless times that I have nice handwriting, but to me, it's just how I write.

A little while ago I decided to learn calligraphy and so have been doing some practicing. But I keep finding that the script just turns into my normal handwriting since I usually write in cursive. It's hard to not just write how I normally write. I still have a lot of practice to do.

I started playing around with different variations of my blog title. Interesting how the handwriting gradually changes with each try until I end up just writing in print. That's the beauty of handwritten fonts--each word is unique.


I got tired of practicing formal calligraphy, so I just started writing different quotes in my own handwriting. I used a quill pen and inkwell (which I love!) so it's a little more shaky than my normal cursive.


My handwriting looks different to me every time I look at it. I'll just keep practicing for now.

No comments: