Friday, January 16, 2009

weekend plans


The weekend is finally here!!

I've been looking forward to this weekend for quite some time since it's a four day weekend. Our office decided to close on Tuesday because of our proximity to the Inauguration. So while the masses descend upon DC for the momentous occasion, I plan on staying home for four days of rest and relaxation. And boy do I need it! The constant stress and traveling and chaos of the past few months has made me feel tense, disorganized, and unhealthy.

I'm taking this weekend to take care of myself and try to get back into a healthy living routine. So this Saturday I'm treating myself to the ultimate "recharge" day:

*making crepes for breakfast (with sliced strawberries)
*manicure/pedicure
*massage (thanks to a gift card!)
*haircut (love the tranquil Aveda salon)
*browsing Anthropologie and Paper Source

The rest of the weekend, I'll be staying close to home to avoid the crowds and traffic. There's no way I'm venturing anywhere near the metro or downtown. I'm just looking forward to having time to do what I want to do instead of what I always need to do: reorganizing my room, knitting, reading, crafting and cooking all the good recipes I've been finding.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


image found here

No comments: