Monday, August 4, 2008

100th post!

In honor of my 100th post: 100 things about me!

1. I am a proud Virginia Tech alumni. Go Hokies!
2. I work at an advertising agency and its fun. I don’t sit in a cubicle and that makes me happy.
3. This is the third time I’ve lived in the DC area.
4. My dad is in the Army. Still.
5. My “title” is the name of a movie. A disastrous movie that I’ve never seen.
6. I’ve moved 14 times in my life…and went to almost just as many schools.
7. I was born in Georgia, and therefore am a Georgia Peach!
8. I’ve lived in Virginia (6 different locations/times), Georgia (3 different times), North Carolina, Kansas, Illinois, and Germany.
9. Germany was the most favorite place I’ve ever lived.
10. As a result, I am in love with everything and anything Europe.
11. I love history.
12. I love to read (especially books that feature history).
13. I was deathly afraid of dogs when I was a kid. I still don’t really like them, but at least now I don’t jump up on friends’ dining room tables screaming my head off when their dog walks into the room.
14. I used to have a hamster named Cheeks that I never held. It died after getting stuck inside the walls of our old house.
15. When I was in 5th grade, we got our cat Shadow, to help me get over my fear of animals. It worked.
16. I played piano for 9 years, but gave it up when we moved to Germany—moving every couple years made it difficult to find good teachers at each new place.
17. I am a member of the National Piano Guild.
18. I wish I still played piano routinely, and plan to pick it back up as soon as I can get a piano.
19. I’ve attended private school, public school, and Department of Defense schools.
20. I’ve never gotten a C in my life (nerd alert!)
21. I love pop culture.
22. I love dressing up.
23. I LOVE shoes.
24. Just in this recent month of July, I bought 8 new pairs of shoes.
25. The first thing I notice about a guy is his shoes. His shoes make or break him.
26. I like to make stuff—I enjoy crafty projects.
27. I adore martinis.
28. Anything peach flavored is my favorite.
29. I really like weddings.
30. I was the Editor-In-Chief of my high school yearbook.
31. I have an appreciation for beautiful photography.
32. My dream job would be Creative Director of a high-profile magazine.
33. I love travel and have a LONG list of places I want to go.
34. I used to want to be a travel writer, which is why I majored in Mass Communication.
35. Halfway through college, I added History as my second major, because I wanted to make use of all those history classes I was taking.
36. I take the Metro to work everyday. It leaves much to be desired.
37. I could eat tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella with balsamic vinegar every day.
38. My favorite holiday is July 4th!
39. I’m not a big fan of politics, but I try to keep up with the latest issues.
40. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who are inconsiderate.
41. I long for old-world glamour and etiquette to return.
42. I love big fancy couture hats. I hope that one day I’ll have a glamorous event to go to where I can wear a fancy hat. Kentucky Derby perhaps?
43. I was never in a sorority but am sometimes asked which sorority I was in.
44. You could call me preppy.
45. I am a J.Crew addict.
46. If I could do anything, I wouldn’t work and instead spend my days volunteering my time to benefit others, traveling, and doing the things I enjoy.
47. The place I most want to visit right now is Greece, and the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
48. I’ve never broken a bone.
49. But I did have major surgery when I was 18.
50. I used to play softball.
51. I was a cheerleader for a few years and was always at the top of the stunts.
52. Tennis was my favorite sport that I played, the one I played the longest, and the one I took the most seriously.
53. Growing up I played flute, violin, and piano but don’t play anything now and that makes me sad.
54. I used to do ballet, tap, gymnastics, drama, tennis, and swimming.
55. On the swim team, they called me “the Knife” because I “cut” through the water….not even kidding.
56. I’ve never been horse back riding.
57. I detest mushrooms.
58. I wear contacts. I can’t really see much without them.
59. I want to get Lasik eye surgery one day.
60. Massages are my absolute favorite!
61. I used to bribe my little sister to give me massages when I was little. Pathetic, I know.
62. When my little sister was born, I hated her because I was no longer the “baby.” We have video and photo evidence of me trying to “sabotage” her. Of course, my attitude towards her has changed since then…
63. I am the middle child.
64. I have two sisters.
65. I am very observant, and in turn am very detail-oriented.
66. I hate talking on the phone.
67. I’m in a long-distance relationship.
68. I enjoy listening to classical music. Beethoven’s 6th Symphony is my favorite.
69. You could say I’m kinda critical…
70. Nicknames include Beeta, Betsy Boo, Georgia Peach, Bets, and the Bulldozer….
71. The St. Louis Cardinals are my favorite baseball team. Go Cards!
72. My biggest regret in college is not studying abroad.
73. My favorite song of all time—always has been, always will be—is Bittersweet Symphony, by The Verve.
74. I am addicted to Ralph Lauren Romance for Men cologne. Literally.
75. I have a skin allergy and have really sensitive skin.
76. I’ve recently been told by several different people that I look like Ivanka Trump.
77. I LOVE to dance!
78. I went to three different high schools. The one I graduated from was my least favorite—simply put, I hated it.
79. I’d say my favorite color is Pink, but really it’s any variant of Red.
80. My dad used to have a personal chef/aide who would cook us dinner and clean the house and do other random tasks. A benefit of his job position.
81. Riesling is my wine of choice.
82. My birthday is July 1st!
83. I’ve always wanted to be in a grand, epic, award-winning, historically set movie like Gladiator, Titanic, or Braveheart.
84. I like musicals. I grew up watching the great classics.
85. I enjoy knitting and crocheting.
86. Shrimp is my favorite food (besides peaches).
87. My boyfriend is the best guy a girl could ask for.
88. I love romance and yet am not very openly affectionate.
89. My type is a sharp-dressed, clean-shaven, handsome gentleman.
90. I used to collect pencils, stamps, and baseball cards. Now I collect shoes.
91. Dresses are my other obsession. I love buying dresses for dressing up.
92. I didn’t get my ears pierced until the summer before my senior year in college. See #75.
93. I love volunteering to work with kids, yet I hated babysitting when I was younger.
94. I was bit by a spider in Nicaragua, which led to a 4 hour Emergency Room visit.
95. My real name is Elizabeth.
96. I’m a city girl, but can still handle the country. I attribute this to moving around all the time and learning to be flexible.
97. I’m really not a fan of country music.
98. I enjoy going to the theater (and even more so if I get to get dressed up).
99. I’ve been both blonde and brunette.
100. I am a Christian; it is by God’s grace that I am saved through Faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I knew MOST of this!