Monday, November 10, 2008

this week

...will be rather hectic. My dad is retiring from the Army after 33 years of service and it's a HUGE deal being celebrated over multiple days this week.

Wednesday night is the farewell dinner reception, and somewhere between 270-300 people are attending!! Family, friends, colleagues, and other military officials will all be there. It should be quite the party. My mom has added a lot of fun personal details and surprises that will make it extra special. She commissioned me to help her out with a few of the creative projects, so I will post about them after I can get pictures!

Thursday morning/afternoon is the actual retirement ceremonies. There's a private pre-ceremony for the family, then the actual retirement ceremony with General Petraeus doing the honors (I told you this was huge!). The ceremony is outdoors with hundreds of people in attendance. Needless to say, I've had a hard time finding something perfect to wear! It should be a grand affair though, and I'm really excited about it. After the ceremony is another reception. Lots of celebrating!

So I may have to neglect my little blog for the next few days as we will be quite busy. This is a momentous occasion for my dad and our family. I am so proud of him for all he has accomplished in his military career!

No comments: