Thursday, May 8, 2008

box-office breakdown

Summer is fast approaching and that means the big summer movie season is upon us! I love movies (sometimes I feel like I should be a movie critic) and am really looking forward to seeing some of this summer's releases.

Some movies on my definite "To-See" list:

Made of Honor
already out in theaters


So the ending is totally predictable and it's basically My Best Friend's Wedding in reverse, but it's a lighthearted romantic comedy and it's about weddings, so of course...I wanna see it.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
in theaters May 16


This is the one I am most excited about seeing. I LOVED The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (it's soundtrack is amazing and one of my favorites) so I'm hoping Prince Caspian delivers another wonderful cinematic fantasy. I'm re-reading the C.S.Lewis books right now to brush up on the story lines--they are classic.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
in theaters May 22


The title is totally cheesy but it's this year's token action-packed adventure flick which promises to be a big blockbuster. Plus, it's got Harrison Ford, even though he's a whole lot older than when he last portrayed Indy.

Sex and the City
in theaters May 30


All the screencaps I've seen are just dripping in bright, colorful fun and everyone's been talking about it. And true to form, it's got tons of high fashion eye candy--meaning lots of pretty handbags and SHOES!

Get Smart
in theaters June 20


This looks hilarious. I remember watching the original show on TV Land when I was little and when I first saw the funny trailer for this I was instantly hooked on seeing it. Steve Carell is the perfect person to play Maxwell Smart and it's got the lovely Anne Hathaway as Agent 99. I hope it gives big laughs.

The Dark Knight
in theaters July 18


Batman Begins was awesome and this one looks just as good. I'll just be honest: Christian Bale is hott. I think people will also be curious to see Heath Ledger play what became his last role as the controversial Joker.

all images from IMDB

No comments: