Monday, April 20, 2009

whirl of a weekend

Once again, I've been slack on my posting. I'm still trying to get settled and unpacked in the new apartment, but am awaiting the arrival of a few bookcases so I can unpack my book boxes. I have a few ideas for my new bedroom, so hopefully I'll be able to actually do them and have something to show!

Not even a week after moving to town, I was back on the road for a four day wedding weekend extravaganza in Winston-Salem, NC. Hunter's cousin got married and Hunter was a groomsman (wearing a beige seersucker suit with a red tie!). It was one of the loveliest weddings I've ever been to! Everything was gorgeous. The bride, the location, the weather, the reception... everything.

The bridal luncheon we attended on Friday was a real treat. The very picture of southern hospitality. And in a beautiful house with a to-die-for backyard!




All in all, there was golfing for the guys, bridal luncheon for the gals, a trip to historic Old Salem, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, the reception, the after-reception dinner at the local wine bar, and then a brunch the next morning! It was certainly a fun-filled weekend, just a little exhausting. 

Now I'm back in Charlotte, trying to unpack a little before heading out of town AGAIN tomorrow!! 

No comments: