Prepare these these tonight and tomorrow you'll have a sweet Easter breakfast.
1 pkg frozen roll dough, thawed
melted butter or margarine
1) The night before Easter, press each roll dough into a flat circle.
2) Place one marshmallow in the center of the flat roll and pinch dough around it, covering marshmallow.
3) Roll the marshmallow-fill roles into round balls.
4) Brush each ball with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
5) Place on a baking sheet and place in oven (turned off).
6) Go to bed! Overnight the rolls will rise.
7) In the morning, bake the rolls at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until they're golden brown.
When you bite into the steamy sweet roll, you'll find that it's empty. Just like the tomb on Easter sunday! The marshmallow melts during baking and leaves a hollow sweet roll. These are especially fun for kids to make and an interactive way to share the meaning of Easter with them. I have some good memories of making these as a kid. :)