Monday, March 2, 2009

the big news!

I've got big news!

Well, it's probably only big news in my eyes, but I've been wanting to share it for a while now and felt like I should wait until March to do so. Well it's March now, so here it is!!
...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

I am moving to Charlotte!!!


Gah!! :)

As some of you know, my boyfriend Hunter lives and works in Charlotte and we've been enduring the long-distance dating thing for nearly two years. I have been wanting to leave DC and head to Charlotte for a while now (emphasis on a while) and recently a bunch of things have pointed towards me finally making the move. So back at the start of February I finally committed to moving and set the end of March as my goal for being outta here. So I've got a month to finish up work and life here in DC and transfer down to NC. As of April 1st, I will be a new resident of the Queen City! I can. not. wait!!

The only downside of this is leaving my job. I really enjoy my job and it was a very hard decision to make to leave such a stable, enjoyable job in this crummy economy. I may be crazy, but this is definitely a "follow your heart" decision. There's some worry about finding a good job in Charlotte, but God is faithful and has always provided for me before, and I have full trust in Him that He'll provide for me in Charlotte. :)

Sometimes I start to question my decision--the doubt of leaving a reliable job and paycheck starts to creep in-- but then I think about how if I stayed, I wouldn't be happy and I'd still be away from Hunter, and I realize that this is the right time to move. Quality of life is much more important to me than any job. Oh, and "following your heart" is truly very liberating. It felt so good and freeing to make the decision and have a new fresh start to look forward to! And above anything else, I am so excited to finally, FINALLY, be in the same place as Hunter and be able to be together for real!

So the month of March is already full of job hunting, apartment searching, packing, moving, saying bye to friends and trying to fill in all the things I need to do in order to move! I am so excited and can't wait!

If anyone in Charlotte is reading this...I'm looking for a job! :) Any advice, help or hints are welcome!

1 comment:

Jessamyn said...

betsy, i am so excited for you to finally get to be with hunter and see what life could really be like! i am glad i didn't decide to wish you well before now since you waited to unveil this decision. jordan told me a little while ago that you were moving. anyway, i wish you the best of luck and we'll be praying for you both!