Wednesday, March 10, 2010

letterpress love

I finally experienced the pure joy of letterpress printing this past Saturday, and fell in love! I took a letterpress workshop with my mother offered by a local press shop and learned how to print on an antique C&P letterpress. We had a great time learning about the craft and printing our own project. There's a lot that goes into creating a letterpress piece, and I now have such a better appreciation for the time-honored tradition. I'm certainly looking to incorporate letterpress into the wedding in some factor. I'm smitten with it.


composing the lead type, letter by letter

printing on the press

our finished product--a beautiful, deep impression

Letterpress Workshop at Railway Station Press in Alexandria, VA. More on letterpress here.
images by me

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi there!

Just wanna tell everybody this coupon discount code:

summer5

for 5% discount at

http://www.plussizeclothing2u.com

Spread the love!

Cheers,
Kate