Wednesday, February 11, 2009

best vinaigrette ever

I discovered the best vinaigrette salad dressing when I made this cobb salad from Ellie Krieger on Food Network. It is so simple to make and yet so delicious. The taste of it has me craving salads...yes, craving salads!

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Simply whisk all these ingredients together in a small bowl and you've got yourself a tasty and healthy vinaigrette that dresses up those dull leafy greens.

Seriously, I just drizzle this over chopped romaine and baby spinach leaves and add nothing else to the salad and I'm still satisfied. It definitely makes it easier to eat healthier. Which, by the way, I've been doing really good at. I've dramatically cut out the sugar and the carbs (no cokes or Starbucks) and loaded up on healthy "anti-inflammatory" foods that are high in antioxidants (berries, salmon, greens, asparagus, macadamian nuts and almonds, green tea)....I've lost 8 pounds!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK ... if you've found a dressing that has you craving salads, I'm definitely going to try it! And, if you have any advice on how to cut Coke out of my diet, I'd take that too. I'm down to the tiny 100-calorie cans, but I'm having trouble cutting it out entirely. :)